Flag Flying Policy on Town-Owned Properties
This Policy is intended to address flags allowed to be flown on Town of Clarksburg, MA flagpoles.
II. Flags Allowed to Be Flown
The Selectboard authorizes the following flags to be flown on Town-owned flagpoles, as an official expression of the Town's governmental speech, to which the strictures of the First Amendment do not apply:
- The official flag of the United States of America;
- The official flag of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
- The officia I flag of the Town of Clarksburg;
- The official flags of the various branches of military services of the United States of America; and/or
- The official MIA-POW flag.
No other flags shall be allowed to be flown on Town of Clarksburg-owned flagpoles, as those flagpoles and this policy are not intended to establish or serve to create a forum for private expression.
Adopted by vote of the Board of Selectmen: November 29, 2023.