Joint Committee Meeting - Clarksburg School Committee, Select Board, & A.D.A. Commission
- Thu January 5th 2023 at 05:00 PM
- Clarksburg Elementary School
777 West Cross Road
Clarksburg MA, 01247 Directions
- Call to order:
- Public Comment/Open Meeting Rules: Clarification of the official legal rules of participation by the public in an open meeting.
- End of the Year Reports/Communication between the town and the school
- Review the status of the FY22 end of the year report required by the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), and the need for improved systems of communication between Clarksburg Town Hall, the North Berkshire School Union, and the Clarksburg School.
- School Building Needs
- ADA Compliance: Discuss and determine a plan for the installation of a chair lift that will allow access to all students and adults from the main floor of the school building to the lower level of the school, including the cafeteria, gymnasium, and playground area.
- Roof Needs/Solar Panels: Town Administrator McKinney will brief the Joint Committee on the potential for a grant application to install solar panels on the roof, as well as a discussion regarding the ongoing state funding request for a new roof on the school building.
- Executive Session- Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: None
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.