School Committee Meeting - June 4th
Thu June 4th 2020 05:00 PM
In accordance with recent legislation due to COVID-19, this meeting will be conducted remotely. The committee and the public may participate by computer or phone using the following information:
Join by Google Meeting ID - meet.google.com/qpf-jexh-eyo
Join by phone: 1-352-800-6562 - (PIN 400 148 984#)
- Call to order:
- Public Comment:
- Approval of Minutes: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the minutes from the most recent School Committee Meeting dated May 7, 2020.
- Financial Statement: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the current financial statement for FY20.
- Principal’s Report: Principal Barnes will provide an update and review items related to professional development, teaching/learning, and staffing.
- Superintendent’s Report:
- School Committee Business:
- New Business:
- School Closure: Updates from the administration regarding the current school closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the plans to reopen school buildings in August.
- FY21 Budget: Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Finance, Jennifer Macksey, will provide an update from the recent meeting of the Clarksburg Finance Committee with their recommendations for adjustments to the FY21 budget proposal. An updated budget proposal will be reviewed and voted on for FY21.
- Continuing Business:
- Interstate Merger Proposal: Superintendent Franzoni and Principal Barnes will provide an update from the Joint Town Meeting held on May 21, 2020 to review the report from the Public Consulting Group in regard to Phase 2 of the Interstate Merger Proposal.
- Building repairs and renovations:
- Update on building renovation plans for the spring and summer, including the front entrance renovation work, asbestos abatement, ADA compliance, and upgraded safety improvements.
- Discuss the plan for a Statement of Interest with the MSBA in the spring of 2021, as part of a required long-term capital plan to maintain the school building.
- New Business:
- Executive Session-None
- Next Meeting: TBD-August, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.