North Berkshire School Union #43 Meeting of the Joint Committee - October 18th, 2021
Mon October 18th 2021 06:00 PM
- Virtual/Teleconference only
Virtual Attendance Informaiton
PIN 192 197 579#
- Call to Order
- Minutes: Approval of the January 28, 2021 Joint Committee Meeting minutes
- Election of Officers: Election of NBSU Joint Committee Officers for FY21
- Contact List: Current Joint Committee contact list is attached (please make any edits)
- Hawlemont Regional School District: Presentation and discussion on the request by the Hawlemont School District to be considered as a new member of the North Berkshire School Union. Joint Committee members will vote to determine if they approve the continuation of the study to determine the impact of this request by Hawlemont to be considered as a new member of the NBSU.
- Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Finance: Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Finance, Jennifer Macksey, will review the End of the Year FY21 reporting process for each school district/town and any other pertinent financial items related to the FY22 budget. There will also be an update on the status of her position, including the posting of an anticipated opening in the event she leaves her position at the end of the calendar year.
- NSBU Joint Agreement: Update the FY23 percentages for each school district based on the October 1 student population data (as was amended in FY19).
- Director of Pupil Services Report: Stephanie Pare, Director of Pupil Services will provide a special education update, including an update on the upcoming three-year tiered focused review process that will be completed in March 2022
- Principal’s Reports: Brief summaries from all four principals on the reopening of the NBSU buildings for in person student learning to start of the new school year.
- Executive Session: Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: Begin the negotiating process of the contract terms for a new agreement with non-union employees, assistant superintendent and technology coordinator
- Next Meeting: TBD (January or February 2020)