Job Posting - Administrative Assistant
The Town of Clarksburg seeks qualified candidates for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant. We offer excellent benefits and a 4-day work week. This position supports the Select Board, Town Administrator, Board of Assessors, and other boards and committees as needed. The position requires contact with the general public and other town departments. Prior municipal experience is recommended but not required. A full job description can be viewed at www.clarksburgma.gov. To apply please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or by mail to: Town of Clarksburg, 111 River Road, Clarksburg, MA 01247, ATTN: Town Administrator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Assist town residents, outside agencies, and the general public with any questions or concerns, direct to the appropriate office as needed
- Assist the Select Board and the Town Administrator, as well as other boards/committees as necessary
- Attend Select Board meetings, take minutes, prepare for approval and signatures
- Process licenses and permits for the Select Board and permits for all inspectors. Assist in filling out permit applications as needed. Receive and record payments for licenses/permits and transfer to the Treasurer
- Submit reports and licenses to the State that pertain to the Select Board
- Purchase office and custodial supplies for all Town departments
- Maintain copier and postage meter and supplies for same
- Maintain schedule of meeting room at Town Hall
- Responsible for preparing and posting/advertising classified or legal notices for various departments
- Receive and distribute mail for all Town departments
- Maintain an up-to-date sewer/water lists
- Maintain files pertaining to roads and sewer for Highway Department
- Processes Police Detail forms for Police Department
- Prepare billing invoices for various town departments and receive payments
- Process all Cemetery Deeds, maintaining a record of all purchases of cemetery lots as well as burials.
- Compile, re-type as necessary, and submit to the printer all information in preparation for the printing of the Annual Town Report
- Assist Town Accountant as needed
- Look up various account balances for departments
- Assist Vendors on payment of various invoices
- Administer the use, rental and maintenance of all Town facilities and equipment under the jurisdiction of the Select Board
Makes frequent contact with other town departments, real estate agents, developers, attorneys, appraisers, surveyors, and the general public pertaining to field cards, land maps, owners of properties, assessed values, or any other assessor’s information. Contacts are in person, in writing and by phone.
Updates field cards, map and parcel book, and computer records when received from Registry of Deeds or mortgage lenders or tax collector. Maintains and updates mapping information; identifies map and lot numbers for land transfers or land splits. Submit plans of land splits, Surveys etc. Maintains and updates in hard copies, to be filed, all information pertaining to properties consisting of deeds, maps, surveys, permits etc.
Receives building permits from the building inspections pertaining to new construction, alterations, additions etc. Enter all building permits into CAMA, print and attach record card to completed building permit and deliver to Assessor. Assists residents in completing exemption forms, maintains information, and enters data into computer. Provides abutter information for Board of Appeals and Planning Board, as well as other boards or agencies or the general public.
Composes and types letter for the Board of Assessors when needed. Has access to department-related confidential information including personal information about citizens. Maintains throughout the year, and submits end of the year information; sales, building permits, land splits, survey maps and forms of lists to selected vendor. Maintains throughout the year, new or changes on land and ownership records, and submits information to Cartographic Associates at the end of the year.
Process all excise abatements same day they come in and balance weekly with Treasure/Collectors Office. Balance Excise totals when received from RMV. Balance weekly & monthly with Treasurer all excise, real & personal property abatements.
During the month of January hand out abatement forms as required, when returned, stamp them received and deliver to Assessor. (No abatement forms will be accepted after close of business on Feb 1st or first day when bills are due.) Balance monthly with the Accountant the overlay account. Assist in preparation of statutory exemptions. Process state reimbursement for statutory exemptions, process all senior & veteran exemptions. Prepare annual report from recap sheet.
Verify legal descriptions/information on deeds and maps as to their accuracy. All deeds must be reviewed against current record card and assessor maps and required changes noted in detail. If deed is unclear, the noted attorney’s office should be contacted for clarification. The new owner name needs to be entered under care of in CAMA. These need to be processed as the come in and delivered to the Assessor to make parcel changes in CAMA. Review deeds and maps and recommend changes to database if discrepancies are found. Coordinate changes with Treasurer/Tax Collector. Record and code all sales, review coded sales with assessor. Send Sales Inspection letter out to new owners. Prepare, send and process Sales Questionnaires.
Prepare, send and process 3ABC forms. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of personal property data. Mail out letters and notices as required. Other duties as assigned by the Select Board.