Clarksburg School Committee Meeting - Sept. 16, 2021
Thu September 16th 2021 05:00 PM
- Clarksburg Elementary School (outside shooc entrance)
777 West Cross Road
Clarksburg MA, 01247 Directions
- Call to order:
- Public Comment:
- Open Meeting Rules: Clarification of the official legal rules of participation by the public in an open meeting.
- Approval of Minutes: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the minutes from the most recent School Committee Meeting dated August 18, 2021.
- Financial Statement: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the current financial statement for FY22.
- Principal’s Report: Principal Barnes will provide an update and review items related to professional development, teaching/learning, staffing, school events, and the start of the new school year.
- Superintendent’s Report:
- School Committee Business:
- New Business:
- COVID-19/new school year: Updates from medical experts and state officials to guide NBSU health and safety guidelines to maintain in-person learning during the 2021-22 school year.
- Home school applications: Discussion and vote on any recent home school applications for the 2021-22 school year.
- NBSU Joint Committee Meeting: The next meeting of the NBSU Joint Committee will be on Monday, October 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. This meeting will be held remotely using Google Meets.
- Continuing Business:
- Transportation: Updates on the school bus situation, including transportation options for PreK and School Choice students.
- Clarksburg Town Hall: Discussion in regard to the town leadership and financial issues currently in the Town of Clarksburg that impact the future of the school, including making an official request for information and a special town election.
- New Business:
- Executive Session- Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: None
- Next Meeting: Thursday, October 7, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.