Clarksburg School Committee Meeting
Thu December 5th 2019 05:00 PM
- Clarksburg School
777 West Cross Road
Clarksburg MA , 01247 Directions
- Call to order:
- Public Comment:
- Approval of Minutes: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the minutes from the most recent School Committee Meeting dated November 7, 2019.
- Financial Statement: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the current financial statement for FY20.
- Principal’s Report: Principal Barnes will provide an update and review items related to professional development, school event schedule, teaching/learning, and staffing.
- Superintendent’s Report:
- School Committee Business:
- New Business:
- Welcome to the new Clarksburg Town Administrator, Rebecca Stone.
- NBSU Joint Committee Meeting at 6:15 p.m. (immediately following the conclusion of this meeting in Clarksburg)
- School Calendar: Vote to adjust the calendar (adding January 2/3 as days out of school).
- School Choice Policy: Discussion and vote to approve the updated policy as proposed by Principal Barnes after consultation with the school attorney.
- Single Signature Warrant Proposal: Further discussion of the plan brought to the committee in November by Business Administrator Macksey to determine the appropriate action.
- Continuing Business:
- Interstate Merger Proposal: Superintendent Franzoni will provide an update on the November meeting in Stamford to hire an Interstate Merger Coordinator for “Phase II” of the proposed merger work, as well as a discussion about plans going forward with the merger.
- Building repairs and renovations:
- Update on building issues, including the boiler replacement project inspections and the front entrance renovation work funded by the school safety grant.
- Discussion on the idea to develop a Master Plan for the Town of Clarksburg, as well as the proposed use of the debt exclusion funds at the school.
- New Business:
- Executive Session- Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: None
- Next Meeting: Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.