Clarksburg School Committee Meeting - Dec. 2nd, 2021
Thu December 2nd 2021 05:00 PM
- Clarksburg Elementary School
777 West Cross Road
Clarksburg MA, 01247 Directions
(Meeting in the gymnasium-please enter through the back entrance. Masks are required to enter all school buildings in Massachusetts.)
- Call to order:
- Public Comment/Open Meeting Rules: Clarification of the official legal rules of participation by the public in an open meeting.
- Approval of Minutes: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the minutes from the most recent School Committee Meeting dated November 4, 2021.
- Financial Statement: Suggested Motion: Move to approve the current financial statement for FY22.
- Principal’s Report: Principal Barnes will provide an update and review items related to professional development, teaching/learning, staffing, and school events.
- Superintendent’s Report:
- School Committee Business:
- New Business:
- COVID-19/health and safety updates: Updated information from medical experts and state officials to support NBSU health and safety guidelines to maintain in-person learning during the 2021-22 school year, including the extension of the mask mandate for all schools by the DESE Commissioner to January 15, 2022, as well as vaccination clinics hosted by the school.
- NBSU Joint Committee Meeting: TBD. The next meeting of the NBSU Joint Committee will be scheduled later in the month of December to complete final interviews for the candidates vetted by the interview committee for the positions of Business Administrator and Director of Pupil Services.
- Continuing Business:
- Building updates: The local renovation group will be scheduled on the agenda of the January 6, 2022 Clarksburg School Committee meeting to discuss the school building renovation needs, including ADA compliance, asbestos abatement, and electrical issues, to develop a plan.
- Request from the school nurse: Discussion regarding a request by the school nurse, Laura Martelle, to be placed on the teacher pay scale.
- New Business:
- Executive Session- Per Chapter 30A, Section 21 MGL: None
- Next Meeting: Thursday, January 6, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
The agenda items are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Posted: Any person may, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law, audiotape an open meeting. As such, please be advised that this meeting may be taped by any person present.